West Beach, November 15, 2020
To go or not to go – that was the question on Saturday as FOS hikers followed the weather forecast. Being always optimistic, we decided to meet at West Beach and if conditions were unfavorable, cancel at that time. At 9:30 eleven FOS hikers were gathered in the rain and wind, watching the radar on our phones. But it was looking good. It was clearing. By 9:50 we were off. The hike was great, as usual, and we were protected in the woods from the wind. The waves at the beach were incredible. After hiking, several members went on to enjoy lunch.